The cost of an abortion depends on the type of procedure and the size of the baby, which is based on gestational age. The price rises as pregnancy progresses. Price also varies by provider. According to Planned Parenthood’s national average a first-trimester abortion costs $300-$950. Second trimester abortions cost $1200-$2100 or more. The cost of abortion is dependent on a variety of factors. These include but are not limited to:
- Health Insurance. Do you have health insurance? If so, you may want to discuss abortion costs with them to become clear on what your plan may or may not cover in terms of terminating your pregnancy.
- If you don’t have health insurance, your out-of-pocket cost may be higher. Some government health insurance plans assist with abortions, however, others do not.
- The cost of abortions varies from state to state and clinic to clinic. It’s important to gather all your information regarding cost prior to your abortion.
- Type of Abortion. There are two types of abortions – the abortion pill and a surgical abortion. The price is dependent upon the type of abortion you desire.
- How far along in your pregnancy are you? The farther along you are in your pregnancy, the more your abortion may cost.
Some states may have age restrictions or waiting periods. If you’d like to know more about abortion laws in the state of Missouri, please feel free to call us at 636-464-8400 or text us at 314-313-1794. Laws are changing rapidly from state to state and new legislation is being introduced regarding abortion regularly. Our staff and medical professionals would be happy to help you.
Initial Appointment Charges
The first set of charges you could face during the initial appointment at an abortion clinic or an abortion provider’s office in Missouri can vary. The staff will typically need to perform a medical exam and an ultrasound.
Blood test to screen for health risks
RH incompatibility with the fetus ($25-$50)
STD screening ($180 to $349)
Identify correct treatment
Preserve future fertility
Sonogram required by clinics ($100 to $300)
Fetal age determines procedure options
Assess viability: 10 – 25% end in miscarriage
Position (ectopic pregnancy is life-threatening)
Do not forget to factor in incidental expenses that can add up quickly.
Transportation to and from the clinic
Childcare while at the clinic and during recovery
Unpaid time off from work
Are you considering abortion? Are you unsure of your options? Here at Hand ‘n Hand Pregnancy Help Center we specialize in helping you through understanding your options. Our trained staff will answer your questions in a caring and confidential way. We would be happy to serve you.