Discovering your girlfriend or partner is facing an unplanned pregnancy can create many questions and fears. Pregnancy is not just a women’s health issue. Understanding your role and responsibility is critical. That’s why we have male coaches and programs designed specifically to help you understand your choices and next steps. Over 60 percent of women say the father of the baby as the most influential person in their pregnancy decision.
You May Be Asking:
- What are my rights?
- How will this pregnancy affect me?
- What if we have different views on what to do next?
- Is abortion the best option?
- What can I do if I don’t agree with the decision my girlfriend/partner is making?
Most men like to make decisions based on facts. At Hand ‘n Hand we can provide the facts you need:
- Is she really pregnant? She can a get lab-quality pregnancy test and confirm results through a referred limited ultrasound.
- How far along is she? An ultrasound will determine the baby’s age. It will also confirm if the pregnancy is in her uterus. This is important since 20% of all pregnancies may end in miscarriage.
- What are the options, and what role do you play in the decision?
While the pregnancy choice is ultimately hers, it’s a decision that involves you both. If you think she may be pregnant, you can come in together and get the facts – including how abortion might affect you. You are not alone and your support may help her with her pregnancy options. We have trained client advocates and medical professionals who can help.
Connect Man to Man
Do you just need someone to talk to, let out your frustrations or just have some questions? We have men available to talk with you and meet you where you are in this fatherhood journey. Call or text to set up a no cost appointment.
Questions & Answers
Our professional medical-grade lab quality pregnancy test can determine pregnancy the first day after your first missed period. We recommend you make an appointment if you have missed a period, have any pregnancy related questions, or think you might be pregnant.
After completing paperwork, you will meet with our medical professionals to go over your information and a pregnancy test will be administered. With a positive pregnancy test result, we will then confirm a living, intrauterine pregnancy via an ultrasound.
All our services are provided free of charge.
All you need is photo ID. If receiving a pregnancy test or limited ultrasound you will need to drink plenty of water to ensure you have a full bladder.
Absolutely, you can bring your boyfriend, family member or friend. We will talk with you privately first. Then provided you have given us consent to have them in the room, your guest will be able to join you. Please no children at this visit.